Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Some random thoughts



I've been working on my thesis corrections and I couldn't help having some really random thoughts lately.  None of them relate to Osteen, religious individualism, or coding so I found them very entertaining.  Here they are... in no particular order:


1. Good idea: Bringing home a carnitas burrito from California to eat for dinner on your first day back in Texas.

2. Bad idea: Bringing home a carnitas burrito from California and eating the leftovers for lunch from your dinner on your first day back in Texas. (it made my tummy hurt!)

3.  I really think it would be a good idea for our elders to buy and wear this shirt pretty much every day.

4. I recently heard "Do You Know the Way to San Jose" again on the radio.  It happened, ironically, while on a road in California that would take me to San Jose if I followed it the whole way.  For those who are wondering:
From Sacramento: Take 50 S to 80W to 680 S
From San Francisco: Take 280 S to 880 S
From Los Angeles: 5 N to 152W to 101 N
Now, I hope that settles things!

5. March 20th is Fred Rogers day! Wear a cardigan!

6. I hated those puppets from Mister Rogers' Land of Make Believe.  They freaked me out.  Especially that one I was sure looked like a puppet Phyllis Diller.





7. As a devoted neighbor, it was always one of my dreams to ride on the trolly.  Last summer, I finally realized my dream at a super cool Pennsylvania theme park with a Fred Rogers section!  (That's a picture I took of the life size trolly!)

8. Did you know the Pips are replaced on a regular basis? They're like Menudo but with funkier costumes.

That's all that came to my mind in the last few days.  At least, those were the more cheery random thoughts.  I'll post my meatier thoughts in the next coming days.

4 comments:

Brian Franklin said...

That t-shirt is awesome! I'm totally in favor of elders wearing it. Maybe I'll get one for myself to wear when I'm teaching the youth!

ninepoundhammer said...

I agree on Mr Rogers' puppets--CREEPY! (Did you know he was a Presbyterian minister?)

As for The Way to San Jose, I think that is out near Hearne, isn't it?

Patricia said...

Yeah I heard that somewhere, Matt. That's why we especially need to show off our cardigans on March 20th! We have to represent!

Janelle said...

Thanks for your humor Patricia! I'll chip in a couple bucks toward the "Elders T-Shirt Fund." ;)