Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I've moved!

Well, I'm officially moved in to my new apartment!  I handed Kendra my keys this morning.  I'm really excited!  I think my home is finally ready for guests but if you do stop by just know it's a BYOC thing.  Bring your own chair.  I have one chair, a trunk and my bed.  I've converted one cardboard box into a night stand and another box as a makeshift dresser.  Today Carolyn Carol stopped by for lunch and she lent me her card table and one table chair.  I sat on my trunk to have lunch with her.  I'm having a blast with the few furniture I have.  I told y'all that trunk would come in handy!  As soon as I get a job, I'll start buying actual furniture.


I really wanted to post pictures of the new place but I can't find my camera cord.  I know it has to be in one of my boxes... or bags.  It's going to be a while so you might just need to stop by.

In other news, I found a really great ice cream flavor.  I saw a box of Chocolate Extreme by Bluebell at HEB yesterday and silly me I thought the box on top of it that said "Chocolate..." from my point of view would be the same thing.  Once I got home I realized I had bought Chocolate Almond Marshmallow.  I tried to pass it off to people at the softball game yesterday but there were no takers.  So I ate some today and WOW! It's really good!  It has chocolate covered almonds (my favorite!) and I think it's marshmallow swirl or something in it.  It's pretty good.


I think I'm going to keep a running list of creatures that have hung out on my back porch since I've moved in:

1. Lizard
2. Squirrel
3. Giant scary winged creature/alien moth(?)
4. little bird

Well I still need to do some chores around my house so I think that's all I'll write for now.

0 comments: