Sunday, August 24, 2008

Updates and Updates

I've disappeared from the internets for a while simply due to lack of access and mostly, lack of time.  But I'm back for now.  Anyways, I promised a review on the furminator and I'm sure I've left you all waiting with bated breath.  Well, bate no longer.


I tried posting a review last night but I couldn't find the "post" button on blogger.  I don't know but today I can find it.  Nevertheless, here is the review.  I really love the furminator.  My experiment was originally going to groom one side of Lucy with the furminator and the other side with the loopy thingy but the darn dog kept spinning around because she loved the furminator so much.  I couldn't remember which side was the control side of her (that would be the loopy rake side for all those not fluent in research speak), so I just gave up and furminated all sides of Lucy.  Sorry.  I have a picture of the finished product but after thinking about it, it would be pretty gross for me to post it.  So I won't.  Sorry guys.  Obviously, Lucy really likes the furminator too.  She'll sit for me and then roll on her back so I can get her belly too.  My house likes it too as there is a lot less fur around the place.  So I highly recommend it but I still think it's way overpriced.

This weekend I painted my new tv stand.  Eric, of Eric and Theresa fame, built it for me and I put the finishing touches, like painting and buying cute baskets to put under it.  It's painted to match my wonderful pie-safe/book shelf.  It's a little lighter in color than it should be but that's ok since I will be antiquing it soon.  This is a picture of the almost finished product.  Thanks again Eric!  That's all for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the new piece. Thanks for posting that picture b/c I was wondering what it looked like. Good job Eric! I'm very excited about your new job too.
Marian

Anonymous said...

I had fun building your stand. I spent a good chunk of time in Home Depot deciding how I was going to do it. It turned out about as good as I could have wanted. And, the mrs. was certainly happy to see me doing something constructive with my time...oh my silly puns. Anyhow, your painting really looks cool on it. It gives it much more appeal than the wood alone looked. Let me know if you want anything else! (that you is a plural you for the rest of your readers as well)