Thursday, September 27, 2007


The office premiere is tonight. I've been excited all day.

Me (10:30 am during our class break): Man, I'm so excited about the office!"


Fellow Telecommunications and Media Studies student: Your office?

Me: No.  The Office on NBC.  The premiere is tonight.  Yay!"

Student: Oh, I don't have the patience for sitting and watching television.

I'm kinda the outcast in the department because I'm not a super intellectual type.  I have my moments but being an "academic" is just one part of my life.  I have a love/hate relationship with the media and that's why I love studying it.  I love how it can bring people together, creating a type of global community, but I hate the things it teaches us.  Overall, I want to be more discerning of what I watch and eventually of what my family watches.  
With that, yes I get excited about prime time television.  I always ask my professors during the media classes why these classes are always scheduled during "must see Thursday".  We finally have one on Mondays so that's pretty awesome.  That just means I'm missing Heroes which I can live with.
So I guess this is just all to say that I don't care what anyone might say... I loves my stories :P

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, I love that you said stories, haha. It reminds me of an old womern :). Oh how I wish we had NBC to watch The Office. I guess we'll just have to wait until the 4th season dvd comes out. I have to say I really hate having to wait, but patience is a virtue right???

Patricia said...

Indeed it is! And you have season three which is a very great season.

Anonymous said...

Yes, and I have to confess I cried at the last episode, when Jim walks in on Pam talking and asks her on a date. I never get this into stories! What is wrong with me!!!

Anonymous said...

Is this a photoshop job, or an actual photo that NCB took?