No not the movie or the song or the album. Just the feeling. As promised, I scheduled an appointment after my vertigo continued after about three days. If you hadn't heard, I've been waking up extremely dizzy since Sunday. I wouldn't be concerned about it except for last fall, this stayed around for a month. Well to cut a long story short, my doctor is concerned that it could be one of three things: something that starts with an L that has to do with inner ear balance, something neurological, or glaucoma. Her suspicions for the last two are because when I'm dizzy I can feel my eye balls shake as I try to focus them. It's a weird sensation. She just wants to rule out the big guys before testing for the little stuff. Considering I know I have 2 out of the 3 signs of glaucoma, she wants me to go to the opthamologist just to rule it out. I've scheduled my appointment but there's a reason why I never did go to that follow up appointment. I'm scared of their tests! Have you ever had a needle stuck in your eye? I have! Those wretched glaucoma tests are uncomfortable. "Don't blink!" Um ok, as long as you keep that needle out of my eye. The first time they did it, I cried and then they got annoyed with me because my tears washed away all the dye they stuck in my eye. It's not going to be a fun test. The appointment is scheduled for Friday at 3:30. I think I'm going to be blind as a bat after it (and hopefully not crying this time around) so I'll probably need a ride. Anyways.. that's my vertigo update. Please pray my response to the tests are better this time around.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is no fun at all, but you make it sound so funny :) Who do those doctors think they are!? Not blinking when a needle is coming toward your eye! That's like...well, not blinking when a needle is coming toward your eye!
Oh my! I hope that gets cleared up quickly and easily. Nothing quite as scary as being sick and by yourself. Get well soon!
Post a Comment