*It recently came to my attention that the comics were too small to see so I made them bigger. Enjoy!
My office mate showed me this website that has a comic based on the Ph.D life. Since being here in grad school, I've thought that grad life would make a great sitcom. There's plenty of humor around and I don't think only we would find it funny. Well I was flipping through the archive and found this:

I think it's hilarious and soooo true! I can't tell you how many grad students have come into our office saying that it's the dream office. Why? Because we have a tiny window (
one of the few in the basement office that has one) that looks out into the world. With sunshine! If we stand on our desks we can see feet! If there's lots of mud on the window that means it's raining. It's very helpful. I painted a landscape a couple years ago that I keep by my desk which I now use as a source of daydreaming. You know, those thoughts of "someday I'll have a real job" and "someday it won't take me five minutes to explain what I do for a living". Here's what I mean...
"What do you do?"
"I'm a grad student in the Communications department at Texas A&M in the Telecommunications Media Studies program where I study religion and media"
"Media studies, eh? So you watch television for a living"
*Awkward Pause*
"I also read. A lot."
"About television."
Here is another one for good measure:

It's also very true. Anyone else in the Humanities area (*cough* Philosophy and History majors *cough*) will be able to vouch for that.
0 comments:
Post a Comment