Monday, September 29, 2008

Another dog post

So I know I said I was going to Westminster vs. Westminster ("Pretdestined to be the greatest softball showdown this side of the Amillennium!") but I was a bit tired. I took Lucy to the vet today and apparently after reducing her food by half, she still managed to gain three pounds. Losing weight is hard! I finally got her nails clipped. It only took two vet techs to hold her down. I hated hearing her yelp but it had to be done. And then, as if things couldn't get worse for her, she found a pork chop on the sidewalk and ate it. She was still chomping on the last bits when I found it and took it away from her because 1) she's too fat and 2) she might get worms and that's gross. But then I found out her heart worm medication also protects her from other kinds of worms so I didn't really need to take her pork chop away. What a sad day. She did eat my favorite brown strapy sandals today so I guess it's payback.

So that's it in Lucy news. I've finished two major sections of my thesis so I'm pretty excited I might get a life soon. Who knows, I might actually start writing about people and non-dog related events someday!

3 comments:

Hannah D A said...

I remember my mom's dog eating my pretty, strappy sandal once too. I feel your pain. Really, I do and I enjoy the dog stories. Feel free to keep them coming. :)

Anonymous said...

Perhaps it's the ol' fat being converted to muscle thing, you know, since muscle weighs more and all. Hey, it could happen. You could always ship her out here. Our neighbor's overweight dog has taken to walking with GM and me in the morning, albeit she needs a little encouragement along the way :).

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.